Sunday, August 18, 2013

Slow Cooker Cashew Chicken

I have been wanting to try cashew chicken in the crockpot for a long time and I finally found this recipe on Pinterest from www.sixsistersstuff.com.  I actually doubled the sauce part of the recipe because we like ours saucy.  Loved this recipe!!!  I forgot to take a picture so I am including the one from the original recipe.


Ingredients:
2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken thigh tenders or chicken breast tenders
1/4 cup flour
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 T. canola oil
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 T rice wine vinegar
2 T ketchup
1 T brown sugar
1 garlic clove, minced
1/2 tsp grated fresh ginger (I didn't have this so did 1/2 tsp ground ginger)
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
1/2 cup cashews

Directions:
Combine flour and pepper in large Ziploc bag.  Add chicken. Shake to coat with flour mixture.  Heat oil in skillet over medium-high heat.  Brown chicken about 2 minutes on each side.  Place chicken in slow cooker.  Combine soy sauce, vinegar, ketchup, sugar, garlic, ginger and pepper flakes in small bowl; pour over chicken.  Cook on LOW for 3-4 hours.  Add cashews and stir.  Serve over rice.

Makes 4-6 servings

No comments: