Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Hamburger cassarole


I got this recipe from a Betty Crocker cook book that my mother used in her high school cooking class. I LOVE that cook book. This is my "go to" recipe when we are in a hurry.
1 lb Hamburger
1 small onion chopped
1 glove garlic minced
1 can french style green beans
1 can tomatoe soup
4 potatoes (or instant mashed potatoes)
shredded chedder cheese
brown hamburger with onion and garlic, drain return to pan.
boil potatoes and make mashed potatoes or even easier and faster use instant mashed potatoes. i make enough for 6 servings.
to hamburger mixture add drained greenbeans, and tomatoe soup, salt and pepper to taste.
spray a cassarole dish with cooking spray and add hamburger mixture. top with mashed potatoes, bake in a 350 oven until heated through about 30 minutes. top with cheese and melt.
this is good when you are in a hurry and who doesnt love tomatoe soup.

1 comment:

Anelisa said...

I have this same receipe only its called Shepherds Pie in my cookbook. Love it :) This is a fun blog Shawna. Glad you are doing it.