1 3/4 c. sifted all-purpose flour
1/2 t. baking powder
1/4 t. salt
1/2 c. soft butter
1 1/2 c. sugar
1 t. vanilla
1 can (3.5 oz.) flaked coconut
1/2 c. finely chopped almonds (optional)
1. Sift flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
2. In large bowl, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla until smooth.
3. Add flour mixture. Stir just until combined. Chill 1 hr.
4. Drop dough by slightly rounded tsp. onto coconut mixture; roll to coat completely. Using hands, roll dough into balls. Place 2" apart on lightly greased cookie sheets.
5. Bake 12-15 min. @ 400 degrees. Watch carefully.