Friday, November 27, 2009

Smokey Cheese Ball


If you have never had this, you have never tasted heaven.  Talk about the best cheese ball ever!  I made this a few years ago and it was a hit, so this year for thanksgiving, I made it again.  I just can't believe how good it is.  I put it out and before I could get a picture, it was being eaten.  I got a picture of this....

Need I say more....It was a hit again this year!

1 (8-oz.) pkg. cream cheese, softened
1 (7-oz.) round smoky Gouda cheese, shredded
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1 (2.25-oz.) jar sliced dried beef, rinsed, dried, finely chopped
1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions

Line 8-inch pie pan with plastic wrap. Set 6-oz. custard cup upside down in center.

In medium bowl, combine cream cheese, Gouda cheese and mayonnaise; mix until well blended. Stir in dried beef and onions. Spoon cheese mixture into pie pan around custard cup, smoothing and packing firmly with rubber scraper. Cover tightly with plastic wrap. Refrigerate several hours or until firm.

To serve, uncover ring; turn upside down onto serving plate. Remove plastic wrap and custard cup. Cover top of ring with parsley, pressing in lightly. Garnish with pimiento pieces. Serve with crackers.

No comments: