Sunday, July 25, 2010

Annie's Guacamole

I have to start off by saying that I have NEVER, EVER liked guacamole or anything else with avacados.  Vince is constantly trying to get me to like guacamole, but to no avail.  Then, a few months ago when Annie, Eugene and their family came, Annie fixed her guacamole.  I tried it and admitted that it wasn't too bad, but I only took a few bites on chips.  Well, when we were back in Alabama she made it again, and you know what?  I couldn't stop eating it.  I could not believe it.  It is so good.  So, tonight, since I was making mexican for dinner, I decided to make it again and I loved it just as much, if not more, tonight!  I thought I would share the love.


1 clove garlic
1 slice onion
1 jalapeno
1 1/2 tsp lemon juice
2 avacados
1 sm. tomato, chopped
A little less than 1/4 cup mayo
Salt to taste

Chop the garlic, onion, and jalapeno in a food processor (or chop finely by hand).  Smash up the avacados in a small bowl with a fork and add the garlic mixture.  Add the mayo, lemon juice and mix well.  Add in the chopped tomato and salt to taste.

No comments: